This policy sets guidelines on how we will collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal data.
Under the Act, this policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights.
If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Information Collection and Use
We collect various types of information for many different reasons to provide and improve our ‘Services’ to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our services in our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal identifiable information to contact or verify you (Personal Data).
Identifiable Information may include, but not limited to:
- First Name and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Address, State, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
While using our services in our website, we may collect information on how the service was accessed and used (Usage Data).
This usage data may include:
- Your electronic device’s internet IP address
- Your internet Browser Type and Browser Version
- The pages of the website you visit, the time spent and date of your visit on the pages
- Unique device Identifiers
- Other Diagnostic data
Tracking and Cookies Data
We use tracking and similar tracking technologies to improve and analyze our services.
Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies – to operate our services
- Preference Cookies – to remember your preferences and other settings
- Security Cookies for security purposes of the website
Usage of Data
Dreamz Construction uses the collected data in order to:
- To know who we are talking to.
- Communicate with you.
- To provide customer care and support.
- To minimize potential risk or fraud.
- To offer/ advertise you our products & services.
- To detect, prevent, and fix technical issues.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the data that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WordPress to power our website. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to share your home address or contact details, we’ll be unable to proceed with any work.
We keep your information safe by storing in on our invoicing software and only allowing management to view.
We keep your information for two years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing customer details from our secure system.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Disclosure Of Data
Dreamz Construction may disclose your personal data in good faith belief to:
- To comply with legal obligation
- To protect the property of Dreamz Construction
- To defend the rights of Dreamz Construction
- To protect the personal information of the website user.
- To prevent or examine any misconduct in connection to the Dreamz Construction services.
- To protect against legal liability
Your personal data is very important to us. Please remember no electronic storage software is 100% secure on the internet. We’ll strive to keep your personal data secure as best as we can, but we cannot guarantee the absolute best security.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.